Monday 16 August 2010

Sevenoaks RC - ODE 15 August 2010

Another busy week finished ready to start another busy week!

When I'm not competing I usually have Sundays off so last week has been a 7 day week but a very productive one!

I took Tango and Bobby to the Sevenoaks Riding Club Unaffilated ODE yesterday. It's a lovely event and always well set up. I was also riding Marilyn Warwick's horse Beau who I've been schooling regularly. Fantastic result with Beau, he won his class with 31 dressage and just 5 time penalties XC. Bobby unfortunately spooked at another horse who was warming up by the arena but still got a respectable 31.5 in his dressage. I've never done a dressage test in an arena on Tango and it was his so he did really well getting 36.5. He can fight a little when I take up the contact and put his head up so this is where we lost the marks, still very good though for his first competition and encouraging.

Beau had a clear SJ, Bobby went clear with 1 time penalty. Tango unfortunately had the last one down but otherwise went well.

Sevenoaks RC were very accommodating, as I had 3 to ride in the same class the timings were a problem. I was the last to go XC and jumped Beau, Bobby then Tango to finish. Marilyn and Dad were lined up with each of them and as soon as I finished one I was on the next!

Beau and Bobby both went clear, Bobby picking up 6 more time penalties than Beau. Tango was eliminated at the water, which was at the end of the course. It was a little frustrating but all in all for his first event I am delighted with him, especially as he is a stallion and he was very well behaved and level headed. I'll be taking him to Lodge Farm on Wednesday to get him going through the water! I rode Bobby and Tango both HC, Bobby would have ended up 6th.

I've entered Holly in Firle Open Novice to hopefully have a confidence boosting clear XC. Then hopefully be doing South of England or Twesledown. Can't believe we are heading towards the end of the season already!

No comments:

Post a Comment