Saturday 21 June 2014

Meet Lauren and update on the broken leg 4 weeks on...



Four weeks on from my accident at Borde Hill! It's remarkable how quickly the last four weeks have gone - I think it's because I have still been down the yard trying to help everyday! I've been giving plenty of instructions from my chair!!

I have hired new help meet Lauren Mclusky!

 Lauren Mclusky


 Photo - Tim Wilkinson

Lauren and Dusky Pink

You might already know Lauren from being a local rider, member of Eridge Pony Club or even being a groom for Francis Whittington and Pippa Funnell. 

Lauren competed her own horse Dusty Pink up CIC**.  Lauren comes over 3-4 times a week to ride my beasts and to compete them. Lauren took Ollie "Cullawn Warrior", Bea "Galwaybay Timberlina" and Poppy "Popstar III" to Golden Cross for their first competition together. 

Poppy and Bea were in the 95 and 1m class Ollie in the 1.05 and 1.10. Poppy had two down in both classes just feeling her feet first time on grass I think. Bea was 4th double clear and also WON the 1m class. 

Ollie was testing if Lauren was awake on top by having a naughty run out at number 2 in the 1.05. Mum seems to have a sixth sense with the horses and told Lauren don't trust him! How right was she! She always tells me at shows "he looks naughty today Lis" - thanks mum he then goes and bucks me off in the warm up!!  

Butter wouldn't melt - cheeky Ollie!  Still looking super smart and handsome in his Jeffries bridle.  I think he's forgiven!!

After the run out he flew around with Lauren being a back seat passenger!  

In the 1.10cm Lauren rode a lot more positive and jumped a lovely clear. Jump off was next, Lauren was starting to get more competitive jumping a super quick round against the clock winning the class!

Ollie - not a fan of flapping ribbons!

My ride for the day was a bit stubborn by not moving, but released at the end of the day I didn't take the hand brake off (blonde moment) wouldn't have that trouble riding a horse! Walking around on crutches all day is not fun!

 Old Silver - a little stubborn to load and takes 2 handlers!

My leg is feeling a lot better not as swollen, I went back to the hospital to have a check up, as you can see here this is my new leg




I've got a rod  going through my bone with four pins holding it together the doc said I can start walking with out my crutches, I think I will try one at a time first!

My aim is to ride at the Backinaction Prelim Championships at Addington Manor on 10th August with Popstar  in 7 weeks.

Thank you to my team of hard workers to keep the Pilbeam yard and horses going! I've got a lot of paying back when I'm fixed!

No comments:

Post a Comment