Thursday 1 April 2010

Somerley Park International (CIC**) - 31 March - 7th!!


I was at Somerley with Holly Tuesday and yesterday for the ** and am pleased to report we came 7th!
There were around 65 starters although 11 withdraw at the SJ because of the conditions. It was really very sticky in the SJ because of the heavy rain particuarly overnight on Tuesday. Only 7 clear rounds in total of which Holly's was one.
I rewalked the XC and thankfully the sun came out and the wind picked up so it dried out a bit, one fence was removed because it was waterlogged. We had a great round XC, one small sticky moment at the water with two skinnies, but got back safely with a nice clear round only about 13 seconds over time (5.2 pens). I used my new watch, first time I've ever gone round with one which I think helped. I remember looking at the watch about half way round and already 4 minutes had gone so I kicked on!
Great result as this helps me to get the qualification I need to do *** later in the year, if I'm able to secure funding!!!
Next event with Holly is Belton on 16 April the Advanced (U25). I'll be at South of England with Duffy and Corby on the 10th.

No comments:

Post a Comment