Thursday 15 April 2010

Update!


Sorry it's been a while since I updated my blog! Having a great season so far and I'm so happy to be out competing!

Holly Hot Lips has been fab this year, early days but I think we're still leading in the SEEL (South East Eventers League!) and I am really excited about Belton this weekend! I've got my times now, 11:37 dressage on Saturday, 10:04 SJ on Sunday and 12:00 XC on Sunday! We will be staying at a place about 10 miles away from Belton and Holly will be on site too. After a 2 for our walk at Somerley (well ok she wasn't walking, she was jogging!) I have been walking her on the top field every morning. She just gets so excited at events, particularly around the XC. I also had a dressage lesson this week with Liz West and hopefully have mastered (fingers crossed) our flying changes. We went to Lodge Farm on Wednesday to test out her brakes, decided to stay with the 3 ring on the 2nd hole, it's not that she is being too strong just really keen!

Corby is a little superstar! He has only done a couple of BE100's but his last event at SOE he was very good, tied with Sam Penn (who is having a fantastic season especially with her BYEH champion, Tickerage, he's lovely!) after dressage in his section, just a few time penalties meant we were 10th but I am delighted with him for so little outings he has done very well. It is very sad that he is for sale but he really is the nicest horse and I'm sure because of it will be totally adored wherever he goes! He really is so handsome, I reckon he'd also make a top Working Hunter! I've got a photo from SOE (Julia Shearwood) on order to put him on Horsequest :( !!


Duffy is doing well too, just out of the placings coming 11th at SOE, he and Corby are both entered for Nurstead on 24/25 April. Like all of my horses Duffy has been brought on by me from scratch and I'm sorry that he is for sale too. He always does a nice dressage test and is so bold XC and really looks after his jockey snaffle mouth at all times.

I'll be very sad when the boys go as will be a bit down on horsepower! However, I've got the excitement of doing more with Tango, aiming for the BYEH classes and little Bobby. Bobs really is a lovely mover and I'm looking forward doing Intro events with him later this season. I really enjoy taking the horses through the grades it's so rewarding.

Anyway, I'll write again after the weekend and no doubt I'll be doing some Twitter and Facebook updates over the weekend! As I've only Holly to ride this weekend I'm looking forward to having some time to see the trade stands at Belton and being a spectator too watching the likes of Oliver Townend and Kristina Cook go round!

No comments:

Post a Comment