Tuesday 14 December 2010

RVRC - Christmas SJ - Sunday 12 December 2010

I was due to take Tango to my riding club's (Rother Valley) Xmas SJ at Bedgebury Park. I got Tango loaded and ready to go but the lorry wouldn't start!!! I managed to get it started with jump leads but for various reasons was not able to make it which was a real pity!

I still went as I was also due to ride Marilyn Warwick's horse Beau, who I regularly school.

I did the 2'9" - 3' class as well as the Puissance! There were only 3 clears in the 2'9, Beau unfortunately got 4 faults just glancing the top plank jump 6. He did a great round though and jumps so nicely. All the schooling is definitely working and he really is very responsive and a pleasure to jump.

I haven't really been jumping him much higher than 3' and that has just been at his stables in the school. He's only done a few courses recently. Marilyn was happy for me to take him in the Puissance and very glad we did as he won! Really pleased with him he really tried and ended up clearing just over 4'. Sorry no pictures of this one it was getting dark and my friend took some pictures but they are too blurry! So afraid you won't get to see me with a santa hat over my riding hat!

Bedgebury is really nice venue and it's great to see it being used again and all the work that is going into it to make it top class. They hold clear round on Wednesday and course hire on Thursdays so I think I'll be taking some of mine over to get some winter practice in. They also have a winter series of unaffilated dressage and affilated which is great with Bedgebury being one of nearest venues to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment