Tuesday 14 December 2010

South East Eventers League (SEEL) Ball - Saturday 4 December 2010

photo taken by: Lulu Kyriacou


Had a great time at the SEEL Seahorse Ball on Saturday 4 December. A group of 12 friends came to enjoy the evening at the Hop Farm in Paddock Wood.

Holly and I were placed in two of the categories this year - 2nd in the Leading Mare and 6th in the Leading Owner/Rider.

There was less opportunity this year for Holly and I to gain lots of points as we are competing at Open Intermediate and also moved up to Advanced.

Dinner at the ball was melon (must admit I prefer my fruit for pudding!) traditional turkey dinner and chocolate fudge cake. The chocolate fudge cake was huge! I put all of the left over cake onto one plate and we challenged Matthew to eat the lot - he did very well but didn't quite manage it!

As usual lots of drinks were consumed and I spent a large part of the evening on the Bronco Bull. I was leading for most of the evening on 64 seconds. Pipped at the post by Sam Penn who managed to stay on for 70 seconds I couldn't better it with my best score being 67 seconds! I have really been feeling the pain though with blisters on my knees and they are only just healing!

I spotted Sharon Hunt and Sasha Pemble on the bull too! I also saw Alex Hua Tian who was collecting an award.

The SEEL is great and there are so many people that put in a lot of effort to make sure the league keeps running and obviously all of the sponsors too who are very generous.

Fingers crossed for next year - who knows with Lady now back in work she may feature in the Leading Mare again!!


No comments:

Post a Comment