Thursday 12 September 2013

Long time overdue!!


First BE event - Rackham 22 June 2013

My first event back after giving birth to my lovely son Oscar!

I took Ollie (Cullawn Warrior) and Corby (Cullawn My Way) to Rackham. Ollie was entered for the BE100 plus and Corby the BE100.

The day started off well with Corby going double clear but was disappointed with his dressage mark of 34, I felt he went better.  Corby ended the day out of the placings in 14th.

Ollie's dressage was 31.5 and he was in the lead after the SJ phase making the SJ look easy! We were all set for XC, set off very strong clearing everything and he felt fab until we came to the water. We jumped the first part fab, went to jump into the water and bang it happened again - I couldn't  believe it, we both had a dunking AGAIN! This time Ollie did get hurt he had a few grazes on his knees, stifle and knocked himself very hard. He was a bit shaken up this time! 

I think what happened is that he miss judged the water as it's quite small and over jumped it losing his feet underneath him. We only had another four fences to jump! So not a great first event to begin our season!

Next event lined up was Eridge in a week's time where I had to withdraw Ollie due to his fall, he was so stiff and had a huge haematoma on his chest. I got a vets note but still couldn't get my entry fee back, I think this is so wrong, the sport costs so much money, it just puts people off!

No comments:

Post a Comment