Thursday 12 September 2013

Smiths Lawn - 5 August 2013


One of my favourite events and it was even better this year - they completely changed the XC around.

It was a very early start leaving at 4am. Before we leave for any event we have to do all our horses at the yard first. I also had to drag Oscar out of bed - well he was still sleeping until we got to Smiths Lawn!

I had to walk the course before I started, I thought it would be good idea to carry Oscar in a baby carrier, so he was strapped to the front of me. Wasn't such a good idea after all, as carrying a 16lb baby around a course is more like doing a cardio work out!

This was Holly's first event back after a year off, she was pretty chilled and scored a 30.5 dressage, clear SJ and had a very cheeky stop XC at number 13! (unlucky for me). Maybe I was a bit relaxed because she was taking me around like a train!

This was Ollie's first event back after his fall, luckily here they didn't have a step down into water, but they did have an up to height trakenher and he is a wimp at ditches. I was wrong to think this, he did an amazing double clear scoring 32 and coming 9th.

No comments:

Post a Comment