Friday 2 May 2014

South of England 11-13 April 2014



It was a long weekend for me being at South of England as I was there over the three days. I had the day before dressage with Ollie (Cullawn Warrior) on Friday.

Didn't have a great start to the day on Friday by getting lost – it took us 2 hours to get there because Lindfield village was closed. We followed diversion signs which took us the opposite way.  We ended up getting back on track by taking the lorry down a narrow lane towards Ardingly!

My dressage was at 1.48 pm and we ended up getting there for 2:00 pm. I wasn't the only one being blonde!! It was a rush to get us both ready and we only had 10 minutes to warm up. I forgot to do my give and retake on both reins! However, we had a respectful score of 32.5 if the rider didn't forget 2 movements I'm sure we would have had a better score!!!

Kirsty and I treated ourselves to a McDonalds on the way back home.

It was an early start Saturday with 8.15 am Show Jumping! We didn't get lost on the way to Ardingly this time and found another quicker route!

Ollie went clear SJ.  



We bumped into Laura from Dragonfly Saddlery & Pets, my lovely sponsors, who was helping out on the XC warm up.  It takes a lot of volunteers to make BE events work and as a competitor I am really thankful to those who give up their time to help make all the events successful.




Ollie did a super clear XC inside the time there were a few questions to ask on the course and I was pleased with him.  It was a competitive section and Ollie finished on his dressage score of 32.5 to come 10th.

Back again Sunday this time with Holly (Cullawn Holly) doing the ON. Dressage is Holly's weakest phase. I find she always goes better when travelling solo to events.

She warmed up beautifully and tense free, our dressage arena was the other side of the hedge where the show jumping warm up was. Holly found this great fun and made it very hard for me to ride her - a very tense and excitable horse! We had a 41.5 dressage and I’ve not had a score like that in a long time! Meant she was raring to go for the jumping phases!

She had a lovely clear show jumping and XC with just 4.4 time penalties. I loose a lot of my time by setting her up for jumps, I think I need to try some new bits out!  I was really pleased with how she went XC and she felt that she was back on form and really enjoying the XC. With the 4.4 time penalties she ended up on 45.9 it was another competitive section so out of the placings ending up 20th.


Our next BE event will be Borde Hill - I'm missing Chilham because I'm away for 4 days show jumping at Weston Lawns. I will be taking Bea (Galway Timberlina), Poppy (Popstar) and Ollie (Cullawn Warrior).  I am also lucky enough to be riding Shane Carter’s horses Esther (Poppinghole Patchwork) and the handsome Donni (Carraig Donavan). I’m really looking forward to Weston Lawns as it’s a BS show it will something different for me and will be a change being a showjumper for the 4 days!












No comments:

Post a Comment