Friday 3 July 2015

Borde Hill - 30-31 May 2015


Borde Hill

Last time I was at Borde Hill I had a trip to the hospital in an Ambulance!  Very wired to be back competing a year on from my accident.

Early start with three horses, Kirsty and I set off at 6.30 am having mucked out all the others on the yard first. We always stop for diesel  every event we go to and to refill ourselves, I think we are becoming regulars at the local garages! Always stop for a latte and breakfast food - keeps me going all day!

Walked the BE90 course, it was looking quite tough for a 90 track. A few people were asking me how I would  ride the corner combination which was a skinny flower box, 4 strides to a very skinny corner - you could either go around the tree or inside which I took, it looked a lot more straight forward and saved time.

Mouse aka Cavaliers Molly Moot was first to start the girl power. We had a great dressage of 25, two down SJ which is her weakest phase but we are going to take her out more and do some BSJA. She did a super clear XC coming 5th.

Bea didn't have a bad dressage of 30.5 even with a big stumble.  Followed up with a super double clear coming 2nd! The optimum time was really hard to get. We got 1.6 time faults and I was kicking on. Never had to chase a time that fast at a 90 before only three got around in the time!

Ollie was set to do the BE100 at the end of the day. We had a 30 dressage and followed by another super double clear wouldn't expect anything less from Ollie! I was a little worried about the water jump. We had a log then down into the water turn left handed to a drop down into water. But what was I worrying about he jumped in perfect, I should have been more worried about hitting that duck again!!

Great weekend with such amazing horses I get to ride. Thank you to all my owners for letting me ride them. Couldn't do all this without my little team especially Kirsty who comes out with me every weekend and getting up at stupid o’clock.

No comments:

Post a Comment