Wednesday 13 April 2011

Goring Heath - Sunday 3rd April - First BE event of the season!

I went to Goring Heath with Holly (Cullawn Holly) and Corby (Cullawn My Way). Holly was entered in the Open Novice for her first event of the season and Corby in the BE100.


Unfortuanately things didn't go to plan in the SJ with Holly! She was jumping really well - as you can see below (photos to follow!!) but we didn't get our striding right coming into the double and she took of took early sending me flying into the next fence! So that explains the cricket score - we don't usually have that many faults! I really hurt my elbow and strapped it up for the rest of the day. I withdrew Holly and did not do the XC with her.


Corby was very good, he was really up for it his first event of the season and couldn't wait to get out of the start box XC! He did a good dressage test 27.5 (2nd after dressage) then a double clear ending up completing in 2nd place. I was really pleased with him and all the better considering I had a dodgy arm!


Got it looked at and also went to A&E. Had an xray but they said it was badly bruised and to rest it and put ice on it. Perhaps haven't rested it as much as I should have and still have interesting colour arm but I'm getting there, wanted to do South of England anyway! Next blog on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment