Wednesday 13 April 2011

South of England - Saturday 9th April

Second outing of the season for Corby & Holly was SOE.

After my fall with Holly in the SJ at Goring (see previous post!) I thought it was a good idea to see if I could move classes with Holly from the Open Novice to the Open BE100. Sarah Robinson the secretary for SOE was great and sorted this out for me. Holly went well with a 28.5 dressage and a double clear we ended on our dressage score in 3rd place. Holly felt great and just like the old Holly again. She's entered for the Open BE100 at Nurstead then I'll do a couple of Open Novices then we should be back up to Open Intermediates.



Photo: Pip Simpson


Corbster had another good day too. He had a 34 dressage which is unusual and he did feel like he went better then that, but was very good again giving a nice double clear, 2 time penalties XC put us in 5th place. Pippa Funnell won the class on one of her Billy Stud's horses - Billy Crackle. Corby is also entered for Nurstead in the BE100.


Busy week this week, schooling for Marilyn, Debs & Anna. Hopefully XC at Lodge Farm on Wednesday. Taking an RVRC clinic on Saturday at Lodge Farm and then the Ardingly Riding Club Unaffliated ODE on Sunday. I'll be riding Tango, Bobby and Debs horse, Cracker. Will update blog to let you know how I got on!

I'm going to be doing a few more unaffilated ODEs locally with Tango before he's signed up for a half season BE. I'm lucky that there are some good ones that are run in the area, Ardingly, Chilham, Pulborough, Borde Hill and my Riding Club Rother Valley, Sevenoaks RC also run great ones just to name a few!

No comments:

Post a Comment